Monday, August 5, 2013

Nicky Marotta Times Square

So I was about 8-9 years old when I first saw the movie Times Square on BBC2 in the afternoon. This film has two great leads in Robin Johnson and Trini Alvarado as Nicky and Pammy. The wonderful Tim Curry rocks my world as DJ Johnny, and this film really opened my eyes to the fact that girls were cool. As an 8 year old, girls were the enemy, they were stinky heads and my friends in school wouldn't go near them. This film made me realize girls can be just as awesome as boys, and for an 8 year old that was a big deal. Princess Leia was a good strong female figure don't get me wrong, but Pammy and Nicky were real to me, not off on some Sci Fi adventure in a space ship, but stealing an ambulance and making their music and living how they wanted to live.
Also the soundtrack for Times Square is better than cake...BETTER THAN CAKE!





Soundtrack on You tube that will sex your ears.

Also fuck trying to buy this film legitimately, people who managed to get the DVD when it was released are lucky, some store fronts on Amazon want over $140 for a copy...well fuck me Freddy, I'm not spending that much money on a DVD no matter how much I love this film! I had to buy a crappy bootleg of this film on ioffer... then found out the legit DVD has a frickin' commentary track with Robin Johnson.

bonus Tim Curry sketch as Johnny LaGuardia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment